Thursday 21 June 2007

The Coolest Nerd

This is the Brat here...Ummm...I mean 'Y'.

So, really strange thing, actually.

I was just pottering around Pandara Park with nothing to do, recently, and chanced upon a little red diary - in which I seem to have written all kinds of crap when I was younger.

And the very first entry on the very first page is a poem making fun of the esteemed biggest brother - clearly it was a time when I was particularly jealous of his talents, and during that period, would insist on calling him a 'Nerd'.

Further, I have a feeling that he told me something about how the greatest poems must never rhyme ( now, I remember him saying something here about 'An Ode to a Lump of Cheese', but my memory fades out again...sigh...).

Anyway, my childish handwriting (which hasn't really changed much) in the book says:

''(99% Sweat, .1% Inspiration, .4% Feeling, .2% Boredom, .3% Bozo)

Bozo is Back
Woe, Alas, and That is all,
Because this Poem Mustn't Rhyme,

I sit here feeling sorry
For the nerds of this world
There's no denying, but they keep trying,
They're Nerds...Nerds...Nerds...''

And that's it.

How Irreverent! How Rude! What a Brat I Was!

But what fun we had!

Aditya Deb...Coolest Nerd I've ever known :-)

3 comments:

  1. I staunchly refuse to call someone who's about to have a brat a brat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Y.

    I'd love to take a peek into that little red book some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y - That really was funny, you truly were a brat and yes, we definitely did have lots of fun. Muahs.

    ReplyDelete